SECO Keynote Session
Another new addition for SECO 100 is our Keynote Session sponsored by an unrestricted educational grant from EssilorLuxottica. This program, Remote Eyecare: Virtual Reality or Virtual Certainty? is designed for all attendees to get the most up to date data and information related to telehealth and its impact on eye care delivery. You won’t want to miss this dynamic and relevant course!
61 - Keynote Session - Remote Eyecare: Virtual Reality or Virtual Certainty?
Thursday, March 2, 2023 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM CE Hours: 2
Carl Spear, OD; Howard Fried, OD; Katie Gilbert Spear, OD, JD, MPH; Trennda Rittenbach, OD
Telemedicine has become an integral part of the day-to-day global patient healthcare system. Is Teleoptometry next? Can quality eye care really be delivered remotely? This interactive presentation and panel discussion will highlight overall trends in eye care that are driving a rapidly evolving adoption of remote access exams. Panelists will share insights on current and future technologies along with how, when, and where remote care is currently being used and the implications for our profession.
Presented by a grant from EssilorLuxottica
Upon conclusion of this activity, attendees will be able to:
- Understand macro trends driving the adoption of remote access exams
- Articulate and differentiate what care can be provided with remote access.
- Differentiate between medical visits, wellness visits and refraction only remote care.
- Gain insights into different operational models used for remote access exams.
- Gain an awareness of how quickly remote access care is being adopted across a wide range of professions including optometry.
- Articulate and describe how remote access can be used to deliver a high quality exam in areas of limited coverage.
Pending COPE Approval