SECO 2022 HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
SECO 2022 is looking forward to welcoming our attendees and exhibitors to New Orleans. Our priority is to deliver a successful, productive, and safe meeting where we can come together as a community to access emerging eyecare trends, explore the latest technologies, gain hands-on training, and forge new connections with the eyecare community.
Based on the City of New Orleans requirements (as of 3/3/22), below is a list of the health measures we have in place and how you will play a role in helping us move forward with an in-person event safely.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- When you register for SECO 2022, cancellation/refund insurance is included in your registration fee. With this insurance, you can cancel up until Wednesday, March 9, 2022 and receive a refund if you are ill or meet the other policy requirements.
- Are you not feeling well? If you feel sick, please stay home. You can refer to the cdc.gov website for any questions on COVID-related symptoms.
- The City of New Orleans COVID-19 vaccine/testing mandate is effective as of Thursday, March 3, 2022.
Testing or Vaccination Requirements:
All individuals (age 5 years or older) must provide proof of at least two does of the COVID vaccine, except for those who have received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (booster not required to date) OR a negative PCR, molecular, or antigen test (printed results with name, date, and results) within 72 hours before entry into any indoor facility. It is important to note that with testing, the report must list the individual’s name, date of the test, and results clearly visible on the official report.
The City of New Orleans lifted the face mask mandate on Thursday, March 3, 2022. The use of face masks is encouraged.
- You will receive an email on Monday, March 7, with the option to download/print your badge. In addition, you will be asked to acknowledge and accept our Terms and Conditions regarding COVID.
Have your digital or printed badge (from home) ready when you arrive - the more prepared you are, the faster entry will be. If you need to print your badge on-site, we will have limited registration services available on-site.
- We recommend packing a face mask (or two!)
- We will have an Emergency Action Plan in place, including an open line of communication with local health officials.
ARRIVING AT SECO 2022
- We are taking additional health and safety measures at SECO 2022. Please allow extra time when arriving at the Congress this year.
- Based on the New Orleans COVID-19 mandates, SECO is required to check vaccination or test results upon entry to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center (ENMCC) each day. An entry wristband will be provided to each attendee for the duration of the day, and the color will change each day.
- SECO has partnered with a local lab that will provide daily testing (Tuesday – Sunday) at the convention center, and we encourage all attendees who require a test to schedule the appointment in advance. The test cost is $40 and is payable directly to the lab. The test provided is the antigen test (15-minute result timeframe.) The link to book your test is as follows: https://mylabsdirect.as.me/secorapidcovidtest
- SECO 2022 once again has a no-contact policy in place.
INSIDE THE CONGRESS
- Face masks are encouraged.
- Please follow all recommended Health & Safety Measures including: Keep a safe distance from one another, wash your hands often, cover your cough or sneeze, and stay home if you are sick.
- There will be no aisle carpet in the exhibit hall to allow for enhanced cleaning and sanitation.
- We’ll remind you to keep a safe distance from others with signage.
- Exhibitors will have the option to order enhanced cleaning and disinfection services for their booths through Shepard Exposition Services.
- Trash will be removed from the exhibit hall and course rooms with greater frequency.
- Daily disinfecting will take place to sanitize all seating, restrooms, and frequently touched public areas.
- Feeling sick unexpectedly at the Congress? Medical personnel will be on-site and available to help anyone feeling unwell.
SECO will continue to update this page with health and safety information as it can change at any time.
SECO 2022 ON-SITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Before being allowed to download/print your badge prior to the Congress, you will be asked to acknowledge and accept the following Terms & Conditions.
Please take a moment to review this document before arriving at the Congress as this will allow us to get you inside and, on your way, to class or the exhibit hall.
- I certify that I am not sick and do not have signs or symptoms of COVID-19. I will not enter the SECO 2022 Congress if I am experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. I acknowledge that common symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- I will immediately isolate myself and leave the SECO 2022 Congress and notify event staff if I, or someone I have been in close contact with, is exposed to COVID-19, exhibits COVID-19 symptoms, or receives a positive COVID-19 test result.
- I agree to fully comply with appropriate COVID-19 health and safety measures and protocols for attendance at the SECO 2022 Congress, including the requirement to show either a vaccination card or negative COVID-19 test results (valid for 72 hours from the date of the test) in accordance with applicable Louisiana state and local requirements.
- While in attendance at the SECO 2022 Congress, I will make every effort to maintain CDC-recommended hygiene procedures at all times, including following the guidelines of frequent hand washing (or a suitable sanitizing alternative), avoiding touching my eyes, nose, and mouth in public places and covering coughs or sneezes with a tissue or the inside of my elbow.
- I explicitly assume and release the Southern Council of Optometrists, Inc./SECO International, LLC (“SECO”) and any of its affiliates from all risks, claims, damages, losses, costs and expenses, whether or not reasonably foreseeable, associated with, resulting from or arising in connection with my participation or presence at the SECO 2021 Congress, including, without limitation, all risks of harm, damage, illness (including viruses or illness from any communicable disease) or injury (including death) to or related to my person or property.
- SECO reserves the right to accept, reject or prohibit registration for or attendance at its events at any time for any reason.