Call for Course Proposal Abstracts
We appreciate your interest in submitting a course proposal abstract for SECO 2025. Review all information below, then indicate your consent by selecting the button. You will then be directed to the Permission Agreement and Abstract Form.
As we continue to work to keep our conference relevant and innovative, the SECO Education Committee will prioritize new or exclusive content submissions as well as unique delivery formats. By submitting an abstract for presentation at the SECO Congress, abstract authors agree and/or attest to the following:
- Support for Abstract/Verification of Authorship. All authors accept individual responsibility for the accuracy and integrity of statements in their abstract, and the submitting author is required to ensure that all authors have confirmed that all statements are an accurate reflection of the presented data and have agreed to the submission of the abstract and to their being listed as contributors prior to submission.
- Presentation of Abstracts. All presentations at the SECO Congress must be presented in person. The submitting author for each abstract must designate a presenter who agrees to register for the meeting and attend in person. If the assigned presenter cannot attend the meeting, the authors are expected to designate a replacement or withdraw the abstract.
- Confirmation of No Prior Publication/Presentation. Authors who submit an abstract confirm that they have not previously published the material at another meeting, and they are not planning to present material prior to the dates of the SECO 2025 Annual Congress.
- Compliance with Accreditation Standards. Educational materials such as slides and handouts must not include self-promotion, trade names, product images, corporate logos, or product group messages. Use generic names whenever possible.
- SECO reserves the right to withdraw a proposal at any time.
- Adhere to deadlines for submission and acceptance, as well as presentation deadlines.
- Register to attend the meeting (in person) if accepted. Registration for all Presenters and Co-Authors is complimentary.
Required Course Information
- Proposed Course Title
- Proposed Course Length (1 or 2 hours)
- Format (didactic lecture/hands-on workshop/interactive audience response/facilitator led discussion)
- Course Description (100-word paragraph max)
- Learning Objectives (3 per instructional hour)
- Intended Audience (Optometrists or Opticians/Ophthalmic Professionals)
- Course Category (COPE category for OD or AOA, ABO, NCLE level and domain for Opticians/Ophthalmic Professionals)
- Disclosure of Financial Interests (document to upload)
Regular Abstract Deadline
Abstracts for SECO 2024 are closed. All abstracts submitted on or after April 20, 2023 will be considered for SECO 2025.
To withdrawal an abstract, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.